10 Reasons To Do Business at the Port of Belledune
*originally published in January 2021
What makes the Port of Belledune unique? If you ask our employees they will tell you all the reasons they choose to live, work and play in northern New Brunswick. But, if you ask our customers they are quick to point out the business-related attributes that we can boast in Belledune.
In a customer survey conducted by a third party in 2020, an overwhelming majority of customers agreed that the most important attribute in Belledune is that “The Port of Belledune is managed by a world-class terminal operator and stevedore team” where the second most important attribute was “The port has a low level of congestion.” The customers surveyed also gave a score of at least 9/10 in relation to the following Port Attributes and Performance:
- Turn-around time / speed of transfer
- Port Changes
- Land Transportation
- Being a good partner
- Overall Efficiency
- Overall convenience
- Safety & Security
The region in northern New Brunswick, our First Nations neighbors, and our communities are extremely important to us and are considered in all aspects of port business. Development at the Port means development for the whole region so we decided to elaborate a little bit on the attributes and add a few that reflect the values of our Port community.
Here are 10 Reasons To Do Business at the Port of Belledune:
- Infrastructure – We are continuing to invest in the Port infrastructure, driven by the growing needs of our clients. Port clients have consistently ranked the modern infrastructure as one of the reasons they choose to do business at the Port of Belledune.
- Being a Good Partner – Relationships are extremely important to us. From our First Nations neighbors, community stakeholders, and customer base we strive to have an inclusive business and political environment conducive to moving things forward.
- Ample Storage Space – Port of Belledune customers benefit from the storage facilities that have been built on or next to the terminals. There are many outdoor storage options available on or next to the marine terminals that are suitable for bulk, break-bulk, roll-on roll-off, and project cargo alike.
- Room to Grow – We have over 1,000 acres of land for industrial development and transshipment. Our proximity to the St. Lawrence River makes us a great option for transshipment into the Great Lakes.
- World Class Terminal Operations – Having partners like QSL allows the Port of Belledune to shine. QSL offers consistent, innovative, and efficient solutions for cargo handling that customers agree are second to none.
- Environmental Leadership – We are proud to be Green Marine certified since 2018 which helps us build effective management systems based on sound principles and measures. The Port’s land and marine terminals are surrounded by trees which also act as a natural sound barrier for the community and animals.
- Efficiency – Timeliness, safe operations, and speed of turnaround are some of the attributes customers associate with the port. Our terminal operators are extremely efficient and are always finding innovative ways to handle your cargo.
- Flexibility – We pride ourselves on our flexibility and ability to work with customers and partners to ensure success for all parties. As an anchor of economic development in Northern New Brunswick our focus to work with and become partners with our customers.
- Intermodal Connectivity – Connected by highway systems and CN’s rail network, the Port of Belledune is connected to major markets in North America via land, rail, and sea.
- Safety & Security – The Port of Belledune holds the highest standard security rating from Transport Canada and continues to hold an impressive safety & security record with no identified vulnerabilities during its past assessments.
For more information on doing business at the Port of Belledune, contact Jenna & Sylvain