The Bathurst Airport, managed by the Northern New Brunswick Airport Authority, is located less than 40 km from the Port of Belledune marine terminals. The team at the Bathurst Airport are working to continually improve its services and infrastructure.
Currently, Air Canada operates a commercial service between the Bathurst Airport (ZBF) and the Montreal Airport (YUL) two times per day. Additionally, Pascan Aviation offers a daily service between Bathurst (ZBF) and Wabush (YWK).
The Charlo Regional Airport is located approximately 45 km from the Port of Belledune and offers a long, wide, and well oriented 1,832 meters long and 45.7 meters wide (6,000 x 150 feet) runway with a maneuvering area that allows for easy access for landing and take-off.
The runway is capable of handling flights ranging from small general aviation to corporate jets and 737 aircraft. Landing and take-off capability for cargo service aircraft. An upgraded electrical system – high intensity runway lights and approach lights. The airport also has a new on-site power generator, including all new airside equipment.
The Greater Moncton Roméo Leblanc International Airport is located approximately 250km from the Port of Belledune with good highway networks linking the two major transportation facilities.
- No curfew means we’re open for business 24 hours per day, every day.
- Strategically located for North American and European air entry/exit points (Great Circle Route).
- Excellent weather record – 97% VFR (Visual Flight Rules).
- YQM is a safe, secure, uncongested airport resulting in overall operational cost savings and maximum efficiencies and turnaround.
- Transshipment certified airport.
- Two runways: 11/29 – 8,000 ft (2,438m), 06/24 – 10,001 ft (3,048 m).
- Located adjacent to two highly successful industrial parks.
- Two major, uncongested Canada/USA border crossing points within 3 hours by road.
- 2-3 hours from every major consumer market in the Maritimes.
- Largest courier hub in Atlantic Canada with FedEx, UPS, Purolator and CargoJet Canada.
- Province of New Brunswick’s only air cargo hub.
- Land available for on-airport development.
The Port of Belledune is situated on the unceded and unsurrendered traditional territory of the Mi’gmaq. Located in New Brunswick, we acknowledge that the lands of this province are the unceded and unsurrendered traditional territory of the Mi’gmaq, Wolastoqiyik, and Passamaquoddy Peoples.