Welcome to your website’s help center!
To help you get started in managing your website, we’ve put together some tutorials, links, and other resources. Feel free to reach out anytime should you need some extra help, or would like to add a new feature.
How to Edit An Existing Page
- Firstly login to your WordPress account, using the information provided.
- Once you arrive at the Dashboard, click on
> All pages
This will show you all the existing pages on your website.
- To edit an existing page, simply hover your mouse over the page and click on “Edit”
- Click once over the page element that you wish to edit.
- When you are done, hit “Save” in the bottom right hand corner.
- Then click on “Update” in the top right hand corner
How to Add a New Page
- Login to WordPress Account
- On the lefthandside of the Dashboard, Click on “Pages”
- Click on “Add New”
- You will be presented with the following screen.
- Enter page name where it says “Enter title here”
- Click on “Advanced Layout Editor” and you will be presented with the following screen, with 3 tabs at the topLayout Elements – lets you choose the layout of a particular page
Content Elements – lets you choose what type of item you wish to insert, eg. text, list, button etc
Media Elements – lets you insert images, videos, galleries, animation sliders
- Firstly drag and drop in the layout elements. For example 1/2 and 1/2 means the page will be divided into two halves. Or 2/3 and 1/3, etc.
- You can also add in a “Color” element first, which will allow you to insert different coloured background or even place images in the background. If you wish to use this feature, drag and drop it in first, followed by dragging and dropping in the layout elements.
- Next, click on the “Content Elements” or “Media Elements” tab and drag and drop one of the content elements over the layout element (Tip: drop the content element when the layout elements is highlighted in green – this will ensure it gets placed within the layout element).
How to Add a Page to The Menu
- If you are adding a key page to your website, such as “About Us”, in most cases the page will be added to the top menu automatically. However, if you are placing a secondary page, such as “Qualifications”, you will need to manually add that to the menu.
- To do that, go your dashboard. Then click on “Appearance”, then “Menus”
- On the left handside under “Pages”, select the page you wish to add to the menu and click on “Add to Menu”
- Then you can drag and drop wherever you wish for the page to display.
- Don’t forget to “Save Menu” when you are done